The development of the Act! product suite is perpetual. Swiftpage Act! developers frequently introduce improvements to in-service products (distributed by Service Packs and Hotfixes to which BluebirdCRM can provide access). Call now on (01283) 535 445 to chat through your upgrade options with one of our Act! Product Specialists.
What's new since your version?
Use these links to discover what new features have been added to Act! CRM since your version:
Added in Act! v17 (released September 2014)
Added in Act! v13 (Also known as 'Act! 2011')
Added in Act! v16 (released September 2013)
Added in Act! v12 (Also known as 'Act! 2010')
Added in Act! v15 (Also known as 'Act! 2013')
Added in Act! v11 (Also known as 'Act! 2009')
Added in Act! v14 (Also known as 'Act! 2012')
Added in Act! v10 (Also known as 'Act! 2008')
The latest Act! CRM version is the 17.2 update (released July 2015)
Service Pack 2 for Act! v17 introduces extensive new emarketing capability together with productivity improvements and compatibility enhancements:
1. Act! emarketing improvements, including a new Emarketing dashboard view, template folders, and the ability to lookup opt-out and bounce-backs.
2. Productivity enhancements, such as admin notifications and replace/copy/swap functionality in Web, and keyword filters in Notes and Activities.
3. Compatibility enhancements to support Google Chrome, addressing more than 300 related defects.
4. Streamlined configuration and access options, including global scheduling preferences and default result for history preferences.
The Act! 17.1 Update was released in February 2015
Service Pack 1 for Act! v17 introduces enhancements to integration and automation, empowering the Act! eMarketing tool, simplifying the User Interface and improving Administrative functions.
V17.1 - Our five favourite things...
Intelligent eMarketing enables Users to drive follow-up activity in Act!, based upon how recipients have responded to previous emarketing broadcasts.
Configure drop-down lists via Web delivers more power to the Administrator to manage Act! via the browser. Another stride forward towards true web enablement and the transition to 'cloud' based Act!
Default History Options are now User configurable, enabling the User to determine 'Call' (for example) as the default Type each time a new History is recorded.
Administrator Notifications enables the broadcast of messages to all Act! database users in real-time.
Support for SQL 2014 takes advantage of the latest Microsoft database structure.
Download the Service Pack here (These links may only be applied to Act! v 17.0 installations):
Purpose: Call Lists present the Act! eMarketing User with a summary of respondents to email marketing campaigns, including Open and Click through data. It is now possible to perform common tasks 'en masse' directly from a call list including:
- Select Contacts - Video
- Schedule Activities
- Create Histories - Video
- Create a Lookup - Video
- Delete unneeded Call Lists
Automation & Productivity Enhancements
3. Improve Accessibility on High Resolution Monitors
Purpose: Machines with Large Fonts (High DPI) settings can have problems with display. This modification improves usability for common devices so that all Users can enjoy a rich experience with Act!
4. Improved Outlook Sync Logging - to improve the integration between Outlook and Act! by providing a more detailed log of synchronised Calendar events and Contact details.
5. Improved Outlook integration stability - so that Users can rely more heavily upon the critical relationship between their CRM and their key productivity tool.
Streamlined Configuration and access options
6. Customizable Big Buttons enable Users to remove any of the large Icon based buttons from the head of the screen that are not in use. Just another enhancement that makes the interface more slick and relevant than ever before, securing User buy-in and improving levels of system adoption across the organisation.
Purpose: Allow removing and organizing Big Buttons on the global toolbar at the top of Act!
7. Global Preference Management - Web Info
Purpose: Easier configuration of larger Act! deployments - rather than set local preferences on individual User's machines, Administrators can centrally configure and simply deploy preferences (including Default Word Processor, Web Info Links, Default History Type etc).
8. Manage Drop Down Lists
Purpose: Easier management of lists in Act! Web gets the ability to add/manage drop-down lists. Windows and Web get the ability to modify them in line with field creation (previously, Users had to create a drop-down list separately and then associate it with a field. Now this is all managed together more intuitively in one area of the configuration interface)
9. Import and Duplicate Checking
Purpose: Allows you to change duplicate checking settings on import. Upon importing data into Act!, Administrators would not always check the 'Duplicate settings' (critical in helping to recognise duplicates). This is now part of the import process so that Admins do not fail to consider duplicate checking, increasing the integrity of the data import process.
10. Administrator Notifications
Purpose: Allow Users to specify what the default History type should be, rather than adopting the legacy list of History Types which was previously presented in alphabetical order with 'Appointment' as the default. The default type is now 'Call' but may be changed by each User.
Note: This is a per user setting saved in the database.
12. New Installs get SQL 2014
Purpose: Act! enables Administrators to maintain a current systems architecyure by implementing the latest version of Microsoft SQL Server 2014.
This will install SQL 2014 on machines that do not have the SQL 'ACT7' instance already installed.
Note that it is not possible to install SQL 2014 on Windows XP or Vista (although Act v17.1 will still work with SQL 2008 on XP or Vista machines)
The install of Act! v17.1 will not update any existing version of the SQL 'ACT7' instance.
Note that SQL 2014 can be used in a mixed sync environment, but the server must be the lowest version. IE Server 2008 and Remote 2008/2012/2014