The development of the Act! product suite is perpetual. Swiftpage Act! developers frequently introduce improvements to in-service products (distributed by Service Packs and Hotfixes to which BluebirdCRM can provide access). Call now on (01283) 535 445 to chat through your upgrade options with one of our Act! Product Specialists.
What's New In Act! v17 (released on 23rd October 2014)?
Act! v17 introduces a range of automation and productivity improvements and enhances the new emarketing functionality. There are also a range of configuration and access improvements.
V17 - Our three favourite things...
Browse Users are now FREE! You can have as many Act! (Browse) users as you like. Perfect for extending the reach of Act! deeper into your organisation and sharing valuable business information at no extra cost.
FREE Act! emarketing account* for all users enabling the broadcast of professional, legally compliant emarketing messages to up to 500 Contacts per month. *Features vary based on services chosen. Full details.
More Web/Mobile able than ever before with range of features designed to enhance the browser or mobile device experience.
All the new features are summarised below as follows (please contact us if you would like a detailed explanation or demonstration of any particular feature):
1. Emarketing Triggers for Smart Tasks
- Smart Tasks may now be configured to send emails via both the legacy 'Swiftpage Email Marketing' system and/or the new Act! emarketing tool.
- Smart Tasks may be configured to broadcast marketing emails automatically (via 'Act! emarketing') to Contacts based upon their responses to previous emarketing campaigns.
- Other Smart Task events may be triggered by responses to email marketing campaigns (including the scheduling of Act! follow-up Activities, edit record access, updating fields, assigning records to Users etc...)
- Email messages may be broadcast using a 'Send As' feature so that they appear to be sent by multiple different Users.
2. Automation & Productivity Enhancements
- Timeline Advanced Controls - See a visual representation of all Notes, History, Activities, and Opportunities for a contact in one single tab view.
- Lead Capture - Create webforms that dynamically capture new Contact information. For example, subscribers to your newsletter via a form on your website automatically become Act! Contacts!
- Contact Access Routing - Assign contacts based on criteria and/or schedule. For example, automatically provide users with access to Contacts records that have been added in their 'territory'.
- One Way Sync Act! to Outlook - Allow for single direction configuration (previous versions only supported bi-directional Calendar synchronisation).
- Photo History on Mobile - Attach pictures from your device directly to history!
- URLs in Documents - Add links to Drop Box, SharePoint… to documents tab. You can also create links from Contact/Company records to shared folder structures on your server.
3. Are you a DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR? - Streamlined configuration and access options
- Import CSV from Web - Allow Users to import Txt files from website
- Global Preferences - Set Word Processor and Startup View for all current and future users
- Silent Install Interface - Easy Tool to create large deployment scripts
- Create Remote from Web - Allow Users to Create RDBs from the website
- Browse users do not count against licenses - Browse users are FREE!
- Hide Inactive Users - Inactive users do not appear in schedule for and record manager drop downs
4. New look and feel
- Updated Demo Layouts
- Updated New Database Layouts
- Updated Icons
- Update Mobile Colors
Important Note: Review Act! system requirements at www.act.com/systreq
What's New In Act! v16 (released in September 2013)?
We think that Act! v16 represents the most significant product improvement and feature enhancement in any version of Act! for over 10 years. New features may be considered in 5 key areas and are summarised below as follows (please contact us if you would like a detailed explanation or demonstration of any particular feature):
- Automatically associate exiting and new contacts with a company
- See consolidated view of notes, history, and activities for all contacts
- Perform global actions for all contacts at a company – like emailing or scheduling
- Company records are automatically created when first contact is added
- Bi-directional linking from contact to company & company to contact
- Optional and configurable based on business preference
- Drive productivity based on actionable data and intelligent prioritisation
- Perform calculations automatically in a field using data from other standard or custom fields
- Calculate based on age, date, percent, dollars, values, currency, and more
- Send contract renewals, birthday and thank you notes, service reminders, and more – driven by calculated data
- Prioritise sales opportunities based on calculated thresholds, deal value, or commissions
- Create lookups and groups based on calculation results and perform individual or global actions
- Leverage automated Smart Tasks and integrated emarketing services to advance sales and enhance relationships
- Generate reports or export to Excel with one click to perform additional analysis
- Easily view all completed activities – including to-dos, calls, emails, and meetings – in one convenient place
- Reference an aggregate timeline of completed actions such as system changes, deleted contacts, and field changes
- Search, sort, and filter history records, then perform global actions that are automatically added to individual records
- Assess productivity, performance, and responsiveness by reviewing all completed user activities
- Review all activities and actions performed for a contact or company to see a timeline of their experience as a customer
- Export history to Excel® in one click to perform additional analysis and gain deeper insights
- Bring key elements of the desktop experience to your mobile device
- Create, view, and edit groups in Act! Premium Mobile
- Take individual or global actions from within groups such as sending emails
- View companies and a consolidated history of activities for all contacts
- Automatically link new and existing contacts to company records
- Scroll through, select, and view records in a new split - screen tablet view
- Reschedule activities en masse for multiple contacts from a task list or company record, or multiple activities in a single contact record
- Receive proactive alerts about the success or failure of background system events such as backups or sync
- Configure notification rules and specify email recipients by task
- Quickly add new fields and manage layouts within the Act! Premium Web Client instead of on the server or via your hosting provider
- Create Lookups from Universal Search
- Support for Chrome Browser (as well as IE & Firefox)
What's new since your version? download PDF
Act! 2013 introduces a number of new features that can improve workflows, strengthen customer relationships and empower remote workers. Some of these enhancements include:
- Smart Tasks are now able to run server-side and don't require the Smart Task user to be logged in to their Act! database
- Smart Tasks functionality has been extended to enable Tasks to execute when conditions are met (when creating new Contact or Opportunity records) as well as manually or on a scheduled basis
- Smart Tasks are able to change Contact or Opportunity field values, based upon criteria determined by the values in other fields (within the same entity)
- An additional Social Networking tab has been added to the Contact Detail screen, enabling users to track Facebook and LinkedIN updates posted by the in-view Contact in real time
- The 'Act! Premium for Web' html Mobile client (which orients Act! for smartphones and PDAs including iPhone, Blackberry, Android etc) now includes Opportunities so remote users have real control of the data whilst on the go
- Social Sharing has been added to Act! eMarketing so that recipients of email marketing communications broadcast from within Act! may be shared via the sender's Social Channels, and/or by the recipient (by the simple click of a social sharing link in the email footer)
- Sage Act! Premium Mobile with Opportunities (not available for Sage Act! Pro users)
- Social Updates
- Offline Smart Tasks
- Smart Tasks with data/field triggers
- Optimised download and install experience
- Usability improvements (based on customer feedback)
- New wizards for remote database creation, plus simplified database moving and sharing
Added in Sage Act! 2012
- Sage Act! Scratchpad, a convenient, virtual notepad
- Universal Search facility
- Seamless Interaction with Gmail
- Google Contacts and Google Calendar sync
- Access to Sage Act! Contacts and Calendar from virtually anywhere with Sage Act! Connect
- Connections page
- Usability improvements based on customer feedback
- Confirmation message after importing from Excel and other Sage Act! databases
- Menu that displays exact install times and components required
- Works with Internet Explorer 9 and Firefox 4
Added in Sage Act! 2011
- Smart Tasks (automated workflow, recognising conditions within Contact and Opportunity data and scheduling Activities & emails accordingly)
- Leads with Sage Business Info Service for Act! powered by Hoovers
- Microsoft Outlook scheduled Contact and Calendar sync
- Direct import from Microsoft Excel
- Support for Microsoft Office 2010 (32bit) and Windows 7 (32 & 64 bit)
Added in Sage Act! 2010
- Automatically search Linkedin, Facebook (and other Web resources) from within Sage Act! records
- Full integration of Sage eMarketing for Act! (powerful email marketing technology)
- Reports view with direct visibility of 54 pre-configured reports
- Simplified navigation (enhanced menu and screen layout structure)
- Welcome Page with feature tours, help and news from Sage
- Customisable Opportunities
Added in Sage Act! 2009
- Related Contacts tab
- Seamless integration with Microsoft Outlook for recording of Email histories, and related functionality
Added in Sage Act! 2008
- Graphical interactive dashboards
- Duplicate checking by first and last name
- Duplicate checking for groups and companies
- Advanced queries for groups and companies